I used my 15 minutes of piecing to produce the bottom half of my ornament:
This is what my work surface looked like at the end of the process:
I found a shimmery white polyester in my stash to use for the upper half of the ornament. Right after the challenge was announced I had purchased a pair of wing charms, specifically because they are printed with the word 'dream.' Then I had to find something to attach them to... ah! I've had this figure in my charm stash for a long time. This will be a great place to use it!
I also bought a packet of watch parts when I bought the wings. (I told you I wanted to do something steampunk!) Dumped them out, filed off sharp points, found sequins and other things to use with them and was well on my way.