You may remember that I am engaged in an ongoing effort to come up with a system for storing and using my scraps. A few months ago, on a trip to the thrift shop, I found a glass relish tray I thought might be useful. You may not be able to tell from this photograph but it has 5 sections of varying sizes. I thought those sections would help me to sort my scraps without having to give it too much attention. It seems to be working well enough.
What I have discovered is that it's easier now to actually throw away (!) some of the smallest scraps. I've realized how much time it takes me to get a block of any size when I start with those tee-tiny pieces. I'm also learning that I have more strings than I thought possible. Which means there may very well be a string quilt in my future after all. I like the look of them but have resisted the urge to start making one because it looks like such a big project. Now I'm thinking that might be a good project to work on when I can't focus on something more demanding. After I get all the foundation squares cut and my strings sorted out from my scrap bags of course. ;- ) (Maybe when I'm not feeling so well I could be sorting through more of those bags... duh.)
Other trips to the thrift shop resulted in a square (or nearly square) tin in which I keep the patches for my six inch Shoo Fly and Churn Dash blocks and one for the 3.5" patches I've been cutting for other blocks.
We're having a lovely sunny day here today. If I weren't concerned about the fumes from lawn mowers and other people's dryers I might even be tempted to go outside and do a bit of gardening...