Slowly, slowly I'm making progress with the friendship blocks. Discerning eyes may be able to see the differences between these shots and those in the last post. I have big chunks sewn together but still have some fine tuning to do as I assemble those chunks into the final quilt top.
Overall I'm pleased with how it's coming together. I am getting antsy to get it off the design wall, though, so I can play with something else. It's unusual for me to spend this much focused time and energy on one project. Normally I jump around between two or even three smaller projects.
I had a six inch hole to fill so I made this block using bits of a Project Runway print:
I've also been using up those patches I cut for Bow Tie blocks a while back as I've been working on this project. I'm going to have to cut some more before I go much further. (Guess that can be my other project for the time being...)
All of these fabrics were on sale. I had to have the bright tropical print on top - someday there's going to be a quilt using that palette. The next three under it are for future preemie quilts. The green was another one I just had to have. The black is a possible border fabric for this friendship quilt.