Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Yielding to Process

So yesterday I found a box for shipping "Live, Laugh, Dream" to New York. But there was a significant amount of room in the top of the box. I could cut the box down or fill it up with packing peanuts or something. But couldn't I just as easily squeeze another quilt into the box? Surely it won't cost more to ship two quilts in one box than to ship them in two separate boxes?


What's left in my stash of orphan blocks? Among other things, a couple of crazy patch and house blocks that didn't quite make it to 12.5"... How can I set them so their oddly small size won't matter?

If I squish them up against each other they should finish at 23 inches. That only lacks an inch of being 24", a size I can easily match up with six inch or eight inch blocks.


I have those two rows of Bow Ties I took off "Live, Laugh, Dream" too... Maybe this will become a horizontal row-by-row quilt!

With a few compensating strips these Broken Dishes, Basket, and the crazy patch and house blocks became a row 24" high by 60" wide. My two Bow Tie rows are already 60" wide. I'm well on my way to a second quilt for the BASICS Quilt Gather!


4 comments:

  1. Amazing ... unrelated yet harmonious. And how wonderful of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me, HOW do you get so much done? And what generosity!

    I haven't had the chance to get on in a few days, and am just catching up...I have a great photo of a wonderful ATC I received from such a great blogging friend...thank you so very much, I love it! You are absolutely wonderful to send it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing! It looks great, and you almost have half a quilt. You're very generous with your time and talent.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.