Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Layin' Low

Well, a little bit of sewing has taken place over the last several days. It's been pretty warm for this part of the world, too hot to have the iron on since we don't have air conditioning. The few blocks I've made have been with the quilt for my friend in mind.

These do not use the batik I bought specifically for the quilt... that may come later. It may be a better color or value but will probably be just as busy visually. Not sure that's the look I want.

I like the bottom two blocks in the picture above the best. I think I'm going to move on to another block pattern in other colors/prints. It may be a day or two before I get to it though.


2 comments:

  1. We don't have A.C. either. I call my sewing area my sweat shop for good reason ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. Seems like an unusual color combination--one you don't see much. But green and purple are compliments, aren't they? Hope you can sew again, now that the weather's a bit cooler.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.