I signed up to make a birthday quilt for a young lady in the Wrapped in Hope program through Margaret's Hope Chest. I've had this project in the back of my mind for a while. I recently decided to make Patience Corner blocks using red prints and a white with black music note print. I thought this would be a good project to use to begin to get familiar with my new sewing machine.
She sews faster than Phoebe, that's for sure. In no time at all I had 4.5" strips sewn to 2.5" strips. I cut them into sub-units and added 2.5" strips to one other side.
This is what the finished block should look like:
This is what I ended up with: