I finally started the second gingerbread house in the series by Joy McDonald. There's a good bit more to do on it though.
When I traced it off I only traced the major lines, not all the details. I wanted to leave room for spontaneous embellishment. And now all of a sudden - or so it seems to me! - the third house has been released. At least I'll have it to hand when I'm finally ready for it. 😊
That's my official SAL project. Each participant is working on her own project so there's quite the variety among the stitchers. To see what everyone else is working on and the progress they've made you can click on their names below. If you'd like the accountability of checking in every three weeks you can leave a comment on Avis' blog.
Meanwhile, for my Bee, Myself & I project, also known as selfish sewing, I'm putting stitches in one needlepoint canvas and taking them out of another. This Jack in a Party Hat is a small hand painted canvas so I'm trying not to work it up too quickly.
It may be hard for you to tell what's been stitched and what hasn't. The hat is nearly complete, the eyes and mouth are done, so about all that's left is Jack's head. And whatever I decide to do for the background.
There's not much left to remove from the background of the horses canvas.
There may be more needlework done over the next couple of months as the temperatures are heating up around here. Hand work doesn't require the use of an iron. 😉