When last you saw this particular quilt top I was trying to figure out how to bring it to a logical conclusion.
Suggestions were made to reduce the double columns of Hourglass blocks to a single row around the central medallion. It was a good suggestion. 😊
Once I had the Hourglasses in place I had to figure out what to do next. I was fully prepared to leave this as a lap quilt but it wasn't quite there yet. I didn't have enough of the dark red for another frame and to make binding, which was my original plan. Some shopping was called for to locate a suitable color/print to use with the existing prints. The best option I found was a lovely teal shot through with black. It calls out to the lighter teals in the reproduction prints and makes for a lovely final border.
The teal is the same width as the Hourglass blocks, 4" finished. I plan to use it for the binding now. And for the record, I'm calling this Jane & Friends.
There wasn't anything appropriate in my stash for a back so more shopping had to be done. 😉 In the meantime, I've started on another Disappearing 9 Patch quilt.