Thursday, August 26, 2010

Unexpected Trips

I've been out and about more this week than I probably have in the last month! I had the opportunity to go out to DD's house a couple of times. On one trip I also had the opportunity to stop and take a couple of pictures. I couldn't get out of the car to look for the best angle for a picture but this one wasn't too bad.

It's pretty hard to get a bad shot when this is what you have to work with. ;- )

I got to play a little Peek-a-Boo on one trip.


Yesterday I got really bold and daring and ventured into JoAnn Fabrics, Michael's, and even Target. I was also in my favorite thrift shop briefly. The marvelous thing is that, in spite of the strong fumes I noticed in the big retail stores (through my mask with two filters), I don't appear to have been affected by them. Certainly not as seriously as in the past. Which begs the question, what was different this time? Have I healed enough to be able to go shopping again, at least once in a while? Was it just a fluke? What do I have to do to make this magic happen again???!

The most fun part of the trip was seeing all the new Halloween stuff. I don't want to see Christmas before November but I'll take Halloween any time of the year! Michael's had the most on their shelves (I barely looked at JoAnn's because I wasn't sure at that point how sick I would get). I resisted as long as possible but when I saw this ribbon I had to have it.

It was all of $1.99 so it wasn't a big deal but it opened the door for other goodies. I don't have pictures of my other purchases. There is a feather wreath in fall colors and a little black owl with an orange glitter breast. It's going to be fun to figure out where best to show him off. :- )


4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for your positive shopping excursion. Makes you feel almost human, doesn't it. My daughter has sugested to me that perhaps my immune system has just been out of balance and when I get it under control with good nutrition and rest, that things will look better for me. I can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding adventure(s)!

    So happy for you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. The magic has been catalyzed in heart and spirit and the body is healing in its own time and process. You are an amazing woman and this healing journey is lovely to witness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a fun shopping trip. The skeleton ribbon is fab--I can see why you'd want some.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.