Friday, August 13, 2010

At the Fair

C~ went to the County Fair with her husband. They toured the quilt exhibits and took a few pictures. Here's my "Souvenirs" quilt:



Look what's pinned to the lower right corner.

That's a red ribbon - second place in the machine pieced category! Holy cow!


And then there's "Cosmic Goddesses."

Two ribbons!!! A blue for first place in the category and a Reserve Best in Class for the whole class!! I am stunned. And thrilled.


Guess I have to quit trash talking my work now. ;- )


10 comments:

  1. Wow! Sue, I knew you'd do well...I am THRILLED for you (told you that you are so very talented)!!!! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you may start to believe in yourself now, congratulations...k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done and the ribbons are well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised!! Congrats - you deserve these ribbons. I love the big one, as it looks like a giant, orderly kaleidoscope. A joyful explosion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to the no-trash talking! Congratulations on your recognitions! Your quilts look beautiful on display.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Aren't you glad you entered them now?!? I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You done good!!

    Congratulations! Your work is certainly worthy of such recognition, you know. No more trash-talking!

    And I LOVE that Reserve Best in Class! You've got the right stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Delightful news!
    Love you, Carol

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.