I have this pretty coiled fabric bowl made by my friend Heather. I've been using it as a place to collect the squares and rectangles I make out of the scrap triangles that I've been sewing together as leaders and enders. The bowl was getting to the point of overflowing so I thought I'd better do something about it.
I dumped out the bowl, sorted the bits by size and shape, and started sewing things together. This is what I ended up with:
None of these blocks/units are very big. For example, the brown and ecru Broken Dishes blocks in the middle of the design wall would finish at 2.5." The largest Broken Dishes block (in the top row) will finish at 4.5."
Now my bowl looks like this:
I may play with the stuff on the design wall a bit more today, or I may dive into this and make some more things to play with!
Yes, my book is finally ready for me to read and enjoy. (Actually, it was ready late Sunday and I've already read through it once.) Since I'm sort of between major projects at the moment I'm thinking of dedicating the next couple of days to experimenting with some of the liberated blocks I've never tried before. I own and have read every single Liberated Quiltmaking book Gwen has been involved in but I never really understood what she was saying about making those corner units for the Shoo Fly block. This time I finally got it. Duh! So of course now I'm excited about actually trying my hand at it to see if I really do understand. I know it's not rocket science; sometimes we just get blocked by the simplest things - no pun intended!