Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Helping Haiti

Like everyone else I've been overwhelmed and tortured by the pictures and stories coming out of Haiti after the earthquake. I've already donated money to Americares but it felt like such a little drop in such a huge bucket. Today, courtesy of Michele at Quilting With Heart and Hands, I found out about a fund raising effort through crafthope.com.

Artists and crafters are donating their handmade goods to be sold on in a special shop on Etsy.com. The funds are going directly to Doctors Without Borders. To that end I have submitted two pin dolls I made a few years ago. They probably won't show up on the site for a few days since this whole effort is being spearheaded by a couple of stay at home moms with young children. If you're interested, though, these are the dolls I'm donating:


They are both about 4" tall, hand beaded, have a pin finding sewn to their backs, and are signed by the artist (me!). They're fun to wear or just hang on a wall to brighten up an empty spot. :- )

Even though my dolls may not be listed for a few days I would encourage you to hop over to the Craft Hope Etsy shop and see whether there isn't something there now that you could use or purchase as a gift for someone you love. There's lots of good stuff available!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.