Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dog Mistress

I didn't intend it to be so long between posts but you know how it goes. Especially around here where my body can take offense at the slightest provocation. We're feeling better today though, and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to a new resident of the Magpie's Nest: Miss May Belle.

She has arrived from Piccalilli Patchwork via Etsy.com. As you can see she came prepared with her shawl and apron and a tiny basket of May flowers (to tide us over until next spring you know). Under her blue calico dress she wears a petticoat of pure white. Her clothespin legs are modestly covered with painted bloomers, complete with painted lace edging.



She's even wearing a beaded necklace!


Miss May Belle only stands about 4.5" tall. That makes her the perfect size to be mistress of my herd of china dogs. They were delighted to have her take them out for a walk.


There has been no further progress on my husband's new quilt. I hope to get back to it today. He's really happy with what he's seen so far. :- )


3 comments:

  1. Why I do believe Miss May Belle must be delighted to have such a playful pile of puppies to entertain her. They are quite darling, especially the eyes on that wee one in the middle there. Thanks so much for the look see at her new adventures! natalie jo

    PS- Love the new page set up on your blog...those tabs on the top are great fun to poke through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - I need to see if I can find the tiny dogs that belonged to my grandfather and/or DH's mom ... they would love to play with your herd! No promises but I'll look.

    And may I borrow your idea for the blog scrapbook? It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just adorable--and with those dogs!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.