Friday, October 15, 2010

Child's Play, Part One

I mentioned that Margaret's Hope Chest is looking for children's quilts for their Wrapped in Hope project. That sent me to my novelty prints where I found this remnant of a doll house print. My first step was to add a couple of strips to bring it up to dimensions that would be easier to work with. I like to keep a six inch grid in mind when I build a quilt this way, just winging it with remnants and scraps and orphan blocks.

Boy, these pictures aren't as good as I thought they were. You should be able to click on them for larger views though.

Next I dug around some more, looking for other prints that would make sense with the doll house. I found doll house furniture and a print that could be dolls or little girls.


I found some cute vintage style toddlers who wanted to be included. And then cloth dolls ~ had to add them in!


To balance the navy blue background of the cloth doll print I used a small floral on the opposite sides.

I sort of got stuck at this point. I'm happy to report that it didn't last long. I'll show you how this little quilt top turned out in my next post. :- )

1 comment:

Due to my health issues I am frequently unable to respond to your comments but please know that I do try to acknowledge your thoughtful responses. I cannot respond to 'no-reply' bloggers either, much to my frustration.