Friday, May 29, 2009

More Snow?

The cottonwood tree seeds are blowing in the wind. Pretty soon our evergreen bushes will be covered in white. And this stuff doesn't melt! I use the windshield wipers on my car to remove pollen and other plant debris almost as much as I use it to clear raindrops!

Slowly, slowly I'm making progress with the friendship blocks. Discerning eyes may be able to see the differences between these shots and those in the last post. I have big chunks sewn together but still have some fine tuning to do as I assemble those chunks into the final quilt top.


Overall I'm pleased with how it's coming together. I am getting antsy to get it off the design wall, though, so I can play with something else. It's unusual for me to spend this much focused time and energy on one project. Normally I jump around between two or even three smaller projects.


I had a six inch hole to fill so I made this block using bits of a Project Runway print:


I've also been using up those patches I cut for Bow Tie blocks a while back as I've been working on this project. I'm going to have to cut some more before I go much further. (Guess that can be my other project for the time being...)

My most recent order from eQuilter.com arrived today. Nothing like buying presents for yourself!


All of these fabrics were on sale. I had to have the bright tropical print on top - someday there's going to be a quilt using that palette. The next three under it are for future preemie quilts. The green was another one I just had to have. The black is a possible border fabric for this friendship quilt.

I'm thinking I may have to start a new stack in my stash just for the prints I've been collecting for preemie quilts. My collecting is getting ahead of my creating ;- )


4 comments:

  1. What a great pile of prints! That tropical one is very cool. Good luck finishing the pink and black one -- it's looking really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sampler, Sue, as I'm a sampler kind of girl. Wooohooo on your altered version of the Collaborting book! It will stay looking nicer longer that way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that print with the iron and stuff on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is looking really good. You've spaced the blocks nicely so that the eye can take in each one.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.