Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happiness is Hot Water and Bluebirds

Who'd a thunk that having a new water heater installed in the attached garage would take me down for two days? Apparently enough of the fumes from whatever chemicals the plumber used seeped into our living spaces to incapacitate me. Go figure.

For those who may be interested, we ended up just replacing the existing water heater with a new one. Turns out that since we already had an electric tank in place going tank-less wouldn't improve our efficiency enough to offset the extra cost and inconveniences. That made the decision much easier to make.

These are the stragglers of the scrappy blocks I'd been making...


There are a few batik blocks too but I haven't photographed them yet. I had a very pleasant surprise in the mail and photographed it instead.

Remember the Birds of Change Exchange and the give-away I did? Well, others also hosted give-aways and I won one!

These delightful little bluebirds are from Kristin over at kleas. They even came with their own nest! Both birds are made from recycled materials: the bigger, darker bird out of velvet and the smaller bird out of a knit. My favorite parts are the tails and crests made out of real feathers.

Kristin does a lot of different crafts and teaches at a preschool in her area. The kid in me would love to be one of the students in her class. Reading about their activities even fired up my middle-aged brain!


3 comments:

  1. I love these birds!! They certainly have character and personality. Also enjoy the scrappy blocks - you make it into art!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cuuuuute!! Those are adorable birds, what a nice surprise! Sorry to hear about the water heater though. Knowing you has definetly changed how I look at the things I expose myself to. I've never been good at hearing what my body is telling me, I just can't put it together. I'm not one of those people who know that they need to eat a banana right now, for example. But I'm trying to be more aware of both what I'm taking in, and what I'm putting out there that might be harmful to others. Thanks for that!
    And I can't WAIT to see what you put together with all your blocks! You must have a million of them now! I love, love, love the last one in the second row especially!
    Feel better,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrappy blocks are wonderful! Any plans what to do with them?

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.