Sunday, March 8, 2009

Awarding Credit

I wanted to give credit where credit is due with the birds I recieved in the Birds of Change Exchange. Because of one thing and another I'm only just getting to it now.

First up is this darling little wooden number from Cathie Sweetwolf. It's actually reversible, with stripes of color on the other side and a green wing. (That photo didn't turn out well at all. Too much glare off the finish on the bird.)


Next we have a little brown bird from Whosies. I think of Thanksgiving when I look at it. Whosie has some really adorable handcrafted items in her shop over at Etsy.


This pink creation is, not surprisingly, from Sweetina. She is actually reversible too, with a little darker flower on her tail on the other side. I love the sequins and handstitching on this one.


Sistermama made this red bird out of a recycled sweater. She did not felt the sweater first; you can see the cable knitting in the body of the bird if you look very closely. The little wire feet grabbed my heart first but I love everything about this bird!


And, last but not least, "Beauregard." Technically this would be Beauregard the II or III or something because the original Beauregard had a pair of spectacles and went to the winner of his maker's give away. I was thrilled to find one of his brothers in my box. :- )


Back at the end of January Finn nominated me for this award:


I was very flattered as I have seen this on the blogs of some pretty creative people. I would now like to take this opportunity to pass the award on to each of the women who made the birds I received in this swap. I think Regina at Creative Kismet has received this award once already too, but since she's the one who came up with this exchange idea and did all the work involved in the actual swapping of birds I think she should get it again. According to the rules of the game I have to nominate 7 other bloggers as part of my acceptance of the award so I'm also going to nominate Calamity Kim. I'm pretty sure she has received this award in the past too, but if she hasn't then it's long overdue.

For those I've nominated, here are the "rules" if you want to play along:

1. The receiver is to copy the award button to his/her blog.

2. Link to who gave you this award.

3. Nominate at least 7 other bloggers.

4. Link to each nominee.

5. Leave message at the nominees blog.

This Exchange was a complete success in my book (I know they don't always turn out that way). The only downside is that I now have even more blogs to try to keep up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.