Saturday, February 9, 2008

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

Tonya over at Lazy Gal Quilting has passed along the question, "What is the view out your kitchen window?" Green and gray this time of year. The only variation is whether or not it's actually raining at the moment.


If I had waited longer or tried at a different time I might have captured a couple of the birds that use our birdbath. But there's been so much rain lately that they really have no need of a saucer of water. I picked up the little vase at a thrift shop recently and keep it on the window sill to remind me of warmer, sunnier climes.

When we moved into this house almost four years ago we could see our backyard neighbor's windows. Sometimes we could even watch what he was watching on his TV ~ without the aid of binoculars. (Both of our homes have glass sliders on the backside.) Not so anymore (thank goodness!).

Here's the baby quilt I've been working on:


I'm essentially pleased with the way it turned out, considering it's flannel. It ain't perfect but it will keep a kid warm and brighten his surroundings. The rainbow print went on the back. It's about 45" square.

DD's dog has been staying with us while the girls are out of town. It seemed like every time I had to make a trip to the cutting board or the design wall I had to negotiate this obstacle:

Marcie - DD's dog - doesn't like that rug smooth and flat on the floor either. She prefers it bunched up and folded over. Talk about keeping me on my toes!

1 comment:

  1. ooh too much rain, but at least it's lovely and green. hope you get a whole bunch of sun!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.