Thursday, May 4, 2017

Flimsies, A Finish, and More Binding

Once again life and my body got the better of me. I hadn't realized how much I'd accomplished and not put on my blog until this morning. The batik friendship blocks were put away temporarily while I worked on the blocks for the quilt I intend to send to Covered in Love. When all twenty blocks were complete I put them on the wall in my fallback arrangement:


It actually looks better on the computer than it did in person. I went for a different arrangement however.


The back's been made and it's in the queue for quilting. It will be about 60" wide and 75" long when it's done.

Remember how I put bindings on four quilts last month? The first one was the wedding quilt, which has been sent and received and appreciated. :- ) The second was my F2F2 quilt, which I showed you here. The next one I tackled was the quilt I've decided to call Precious Gems because it features hand-dyes and batiks I only had a little of or didn't want to part with entirely. Taa daa:

60" x 78" (w x h)

I've begun to stitch down the binding on my Macabre Medallion but will have to set it aside to get the binding on the quilt for the Hands2Help quilt drive this year. I had a binding made but when I went to put it on the quilt I couldn't live with the discrepancy between the color of the binding and the border print.  I don't remember now where I acquired that fabric for the binding but I know I bought it specifically for that quilt. My color sense doesn't fail me very often but it sure did this time! Now I'm going to have to hurry a bit to meet the deadline {sigh}.

Another recent accomplishment was the assembly of my Diary Quilt top, my version of the Quilty 365 projects. I had 13 columns that needed to be set together. It took a while to find the right color/print to fulfill that purpose but I'm very happy with this yellow with tiny random orange dots.


I have a back made for this too, out of a couple of random prints from my stash, and it's also in the quilting queue. This will finish at my standard size at 80" wide and 60" high.The binding has already been made out of the same yellow I used to border the strips. At least that was an easy choice!


6 comments:

Marina Marinopoulos said...

These are all lovely!💕

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wonderful finishes and shares -- congrats on the diary quilt!

Kate Chiconi said...

My word, you have been quietly very, very busy! I do love the batiks kick you're on just now, both the first and the second quilt are gorgeous, and your 365 is looking great too. I hope you're starting to feel a bit better now - meeting deadlines is always easier when you're in good shape :-)

desertskyquilts said...

Gosh, you HAVE been busy. I like every one of them, and couldn't begin to pick a favorite.

annelawson said...

Oh my! I can't believe how much you have achieved. They are all stunning quits, and must represent hours and hours of work.

gayle said...

I love them all, but those stars are my definite favorite!