Friday, April 7, 2017

WooHoo!!

I had an exceptionally good day yesterday. I pruned two quilts, made binding for three, and applied binding to four out of the five that were in the queue.

I already had binding made for this one:


This is the one I made out of a selection of favorite batiks and hand dyed fabrics. I'm calling it Precious Gems. It will finish at about 60" x 76."

I had to make binding for my Macabre Medallion and F2F2 quilts. I used a solid black on my F2F2 quilt.


This one is slightly larger than Precious Gems, about 66" x 88."

The wedding quilt and Macabre Medallion required a trip to my Local Quilt Shop. I found a leaf print for the wedding quilt:


That lighter print makes a nice contrast to the dark border print. Up in the left corner you can see a bit of the backing print. This one is 60" x 80."

I thought I was going to use a black tone on tone for the Macabre Medallion. Instead I found the perfect faded plum!


This is quilt about the same size as the others. Can you see the spiderweb James quilted into it for me?

Obviously the first one I'm going to focus on getting stitched down will be the wedding quilt. I mentioned five quilts; the fifth one has been pruned but I couldn't find anything in my stash that worked for binding. Back to the LQS! In another rare turn of events, I'm planning to keep three of these five quilts for my own use and enjoyment. There's a first time for everything!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict and others celebrating their accomplishments this week. :- )


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful batiks, they do glow, And pruning? that is a great word to use. Enjoy the day, and the wedding quilt, all going well there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of work you've got through! I love your choices, particularly for the F2F2 and Macabre Medallion - do let me have a photo of the F2F2 quilt for the gallery, won't you? And James' spider webs are inspired. If I lived nearby, I'd definitely be using him for my donation quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a lot of work on those bindings! Now you'll have some lovely spring evenings to work on finishing them. I do like that plum for the Halloween quilt. Congratulations on getting so much done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow, those spiderwebs are perfect, as is that plum binding! All beautiful choices to round out those quilts!
    Enjoy the final stitching. I've always found hand stitching a binding to be very peaceful and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - major progress! Don't you love it when you find the perfect shade of a color you weren't originally looking for ?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy Sue.
    I love James's spider web - what fun!
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the F2F quilt finished though - just from that little glimpse I can tell it's going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress on the quilts. At this rate you will finish all your UFO's and use all your stash. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  8. You´ve done a great work! Now you are almost finished with these quilts1 Doesn´t it feel nice?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I wish I could have a productive day like that.

    Love the colors in the macabre quilt. Bats and creepy things aren't my cup of tea, but I LOVE that spider web James did.

    Do you think your sister could get in the queue for one of your quilts? ;-)

    -L

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.