Sunday, June 12, 2016

Stitch Along Update

It's been three weeks since I showed you the embroidery I started when I got bored with the needlepoint I'd been doing. This is where it was then:



And this is how it looks now:



I've been working with a limited color palette, partly for the challenge of it and partly to keep it simple (less time spent trying to make color or value decisions). I'm not quite sure what to do about the outlines of the girls arms and head and neck. I haven't been through all of my floss yet. Probably there's something appropriate in there.

If you want to see some other really lovely needlework check out the following blogs:




And we'll be back in another three weeks to see what additional progress has been made!

8 comments:

  1. looking good Sue ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty piece. Simple, elegant and delicate. Just what embroidery should be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it growing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embroidery is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your thread choices, not one that overpowers another, and what a dainty design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very cute embroidery, and in my opinion, cute always wins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite a lot of progress. I love the design. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.