Here's my finished Halloween quilt, in all its' glory (I didn't reduce the file size before uploading so hopefully you can click on the picture and see every detail).
I started piecing a back out of other Halloween prints from my stash but kept running into fabrics I didn't want to sacrifice for the back of a quilt. Eventually I remembered a leaf print my mom had given me years ago. There was just enough of that to accomodate the length of this quilt. It was much easier to add a bit to the sides to get the width I needed. Now all I need is batting (again!) and a decision about whether to quilt or tie this one. If I were a free motion quilter this would be a lot of fun to quilt. Unfortunately, my free motion skills are not what I'd like them to be, nor am I willing to take time out to make them better at the moment. So I'm leaning toward tying. I think it could even add to the whimsical quality of the quilt. Better yet, I'd probably get this quilt done before Halloween this year!