Hugs and Kisses for Reilly is officially done. It is bound and has a sleeve and everything. ;- ) As I was recording this momentous event in my sketchbook/journal I noticed that tomorrow is exactly one month from the day I finished my first journal quit! That means I'm on track for one journal quilt per month for two consecutive months! Hurray for me!!! The question now is, what do I do next? The last two journal quilts (which just so happen to also be the first two journal quilts!) were motivated by my desire to try out free pieced letters. Do I want to do more of those or move on to something else? I'm going to mull it over for a bit and see what develops.
I don't know if I mentioned if before but the X's and O's didn't turn out quite as wonky as I'd hoped they would on this. And then the beading covers up the seamlines so you really can't see how the cross bars of the X's are offset. Oh well. I'm happy with it as it is. I had fun trying to come up with embellishments that worked off of the markings in the print around the dog image. If you click on it for the larger picture you can probably see the different things I did. Some bugle beads, some stacked beads, some sequins. And seed beads all around the dog itself. To replicate Reilly's tail I used a wired eyelash trim. Decided that it would be too much to do that to the ears as well. You wouldn't be able to see the dog's face at all!
I will be posting a photo and the story of my first journal quilt soon - I promise! And I have a bunch of other quilts to share with you. I don't want to give up too much in one day or one post because I don't want to run out of material for this blog!