Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Hands2Help 2020 Finale

It's time for the giant link party where everyone can show the quilts they've made for this year's Hands2Help quilt drive. The link list began on Sunday. As I write this there are 86 blog posts linked to Sarah's main post! She shares quilts made by those who do not have blogs too. Talk about eye candy!!!

I've shown these quilts previously, as tops and then probably before they were laundered. They are fresh out of the dryer now. 😀

I made two that will be going to the Little Lambs Foundation as soon as I can get someone to go to the post office for me. This Teddy Bear's Picnic is about 35" square, made with 15" single trip-around-the-world blocks.


I didn't realize the sun was shining so brightly on that upper corner of the quilt when the picture was taken. For what it's worth, here it is before it was laundered:


Spring in the Garden is about 42" square.


I also completed this quilt out of the Parts Department that will go to our local foster care organization. It's about 57" wide by 72" long.


And this is one reason I wash my quilts before I send them out into the world:


One of the white prints picked up some color in spite of the color catchers I put in the load. This has happened before. I might try washing it again to see if the color will come out. I think it has at least once in the past. But there are other quilts with white-on-white prints in them that have been washed repeatedly and the tint remains. I suspect those WoW prints are treated differently during the manufacturing process somehow. Everything that comes into my house gets treated the same way so I know it's not me. 😉 I just don't want the recipient to have an unhappy surprise the first time they wash and dry the quilt.

If you ever need some inspiration for a quilt project the link party is a great resource. Many of the quilts made are scrappy but not all if that's not your style. The best part is that every single quilt is destined to provide beauty and comfort to someone who can use it. 💖

4 comments:

  1. You know, I don't have a problem with the pale tint on that WoW print. It looks quite intentional, and after all, this is a scrappy quilt so it's entirely reasonable that you might have used a tinted low volume print to make up the space. I don't wash my fabrics before making the quilt, but I do always wash them before sending them out, with about 3 colour catchers in the load. So far, I've always been lucky; I think colours are more stable these days than they used to be, and I've never had a bad shrinkage problem either. As you know, I love that ship quilt, and when my turn comes for F2F, I hope you'll consider making me a ship block for one of mine, pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how annoying about the colour run - although it is still a lovely quilt. I wonder whether this is why some people (though I don't think they're in the majority and I certainly don't do it) wash their fabrics before using them in patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are wonderful, Sue! Thanks so much for being part of Hands2Help 2020!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many gorgeous quilts. Hope the color run came out. Your quilts are so colorful and happy.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.