Saturday, July 28, 2018

Stitching Along in July

It's been three weeks since our last SAL check in. I managed to complete the 'kindness' block in the block of the month series I've been working on.


The next two blocks in the series have been traced onto fabric but that's as far as I've gone with either of them.

Just this week it finally dawned on me that I could do another version of this needlepoint case for some mindless stitching.


I decided to make it all flying geese units, leaving out the pinwheel. This gives me an ideal place to use one strand of Nancy's hand dyed floss per "goose." I'll have a wonderful sampler of the various shades and colors I've collected from her when it's done.

Unfortunately, when I put in the first couple of geese I didn't realize I had the case upside down! I'm sure it will all work out in the end but that shows you how frail my thinking processes have been lately. 😉

There's a whole flock of us working on our individual needlework projects in this stitch along. We're welcoming Deborah to the group this time around so be sure to drop by and say hello to her. 😊 We have members all around the globe so if you don't see a relevant post the first time you visit you might want to try again another time. Our next check in will be 19 August.



11 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing the kindness block, I love the colours in it, you’ve done a lovely job. And I like the idea of a mindless stitching project! This looks perfect,and you always do a wonderful job. I wouldn’t worry about it being upside down, I’m sure it will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the geese are just flying towards you, aren't they? I really like the idea of using something like this to showcase the yarns selection. What colour will you make the background(s)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shades, and either way, up or down, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your needploint case, one thing I've never understood is I sometimes see canevas or needlepoint which essentially look like cross stitch but aren't called as such ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shading! If you want you could do columns of geese on either side going the opposite direction. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cases are great! I've done similar things to the upside-down geese moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the colors on your "gooses".Never mind if it´s upside down, who will ever know :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that embroidery block is lovely & sweet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kindness embroidery is lovely, love the colours of the needlepoint too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geese need to fly in both directions, right? I love that your "mindless stitching" is still both beautiful and practical!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't see why the geese can't fly in that direction if they want to. That's a great idea for the colors, and using some of Nancy's threads! Kindness looks good, too. Is that Joy's? BTW, I'm catching up on back posts, and I don't want you to feel you have to respond.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.