When I finished the flamingo needlepoint case (which you can see here) I had to make a decision about what to pick up next to stitch. I have a couple of blank prefinished cases to fill in with needlepoint. I just haven't had the brain power to figure out how I want to decorate either of them.
Back on April 1 (no foolin'!) I showed the bluebird needlepoint canvas I'd begun because it required the least amount of brain power. I believe it was at this stage when you last saw it:
There's been a lot of time in the last ten days to work on this piece. I stitch when I'm waiting in the car while someone else is doing the shopping for me (most stores are too toxic for my extremely sensitive system). I also stitch when I'm not capable of sewing. Sad to say there's been a lot of that lately. But at the same time that means there's been lots of progress on this little canvas!
I think the light blue background is going to work. I had some concerns about that.
I also made the decision to stitch beyond the circular frame indicated by the designer. My goal is to make the stitched area six or 6.5 inches square. However, it's looking like I may have to go over the painted line that frames the bird with a couple more strands of floss. I've only been using six strands, partly because it's just the easiest thing to do. The six strands just barely covers the canvas mesh and obviously doesn't quite cut the mustard where that dark paint is. It may not cover the color swatches down the right side either. We shall see. I have to remember to go back and put in the single stitch highlights too!
I invite you to see what everyone else is making by clicking on their names:
Avis, Claire, Gun, Carole, Wendy, LucyAnn, Kate, Cathy, Jess, and Constanze.
Just so you know, this is a world-wide group so time zones have an impact on when posts show up.