Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Small Business Saturday Inspiration

I was pleased and excited to learn about "Small Business Saturday," the day after Black Friday designated to support our small independent businesses. So I broke one of my cardinal rules and went downtown on Saturday to shop. I knew I would be sick afterward but in this case I figured it would be worth it. The happy ending is that I wasn't as sick as I could have been - hurray! - and I came home with a pile of sale fabrics from my Local Quilt Shop. I confess that I only went into the quilt shop and the art supply store, though there are many, many shops downtown that I would dearly love to patronize. Our downtown is all independent businesses if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway... this is a partial pile of the yard goods I brought home.

There wasn't a lot more, another yard and a few fat quarters, but it was this part of the pile that got my juices flowing. My first thought was a few new potholders. I looked at the pumpkin print more and journaled a bit and decided to do this instead:


And then that led to these:

Yup, now that we're on our way to Christmas I'm finally making a new Halloween quilt!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you participated in Small Business Saturday... it's a great idea, don't you think?

    Email me when you get a chance (I seem to have 2 different email addresses for you and don't know which is which)... I have a surprise I want to send you, and I've lost your address!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these. Keep going. The pumpkin fabric is fab, as is the word fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cool, shades of "Nightmare Before Christmas"! I love your stars, and you got some really wonderful Halloween fabrics! I like what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.