Thursday, November 17, 2011

All to Pieces

Well, my pictures loaded quickly enough. This window in which I compose my posts looks different though. Must be the next step in the changes Blogger is making. That probably accounts for the issues I've been having of late; I suspected as much. We'll see how things progress from here...

And speaking of progressing, I believe I left you with my 1.5" strip blocks looking like this:

You may remember that I decided to use my pieced strips around liberated log cabin blocks rather than stacking them on top of each other like Tonya and others have been doing.

There were several more pictures taken between the one above and the one below. What you see below is the end product. Well, the flimsy. It's been pin basted but I haven't quilted it yet. I've decided to call it "All to Pieces."

I sort of lost my steam after I quilted Kaela's quilt and then had all that trouble with the back. I also had a couple of unavoidable exposures. I feel mostly better today. It remains to be seen whether I can pick up where I left off. Turns out Kaela's birthday is not as early in December as I thought so there's less urgency to get her quilt bound and shipped. I may have to find some fun, colorful piecing to do. Or do a bit of beading. Or I may just crawl into another book...

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE how you used your skinny strips!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your version of the quilt! I am going to put this one on my 'to do' list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one. What a great way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great Sue! What a way to put your own spin on the concept. I like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! And so dynamic. You're really working those scrappy strips.

    I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.