Friday, July 17, 2009

Weekend Plans

Here's a quick pic of the completed Shoo Fly preemie quilt. I've folded the back over the top of the front so you can see that I had to add a narrow strip of flannel to make that alphabet panel wide enough. (It's right up the middle.) I'd picked up a light yellow flannel robe at a thrift shop somewhere along the way and it turned out to be the perfect thing for this quilt back!

You can also see that I chose to go with the wider, darker print for the outer borders and the cream strips down the center of the front. What can I say? It just felt better that way to me :- )

I've had another go at the houses for my Birds of a Feather challenge quilt. These houses and rooftops are not sewn together yet but I think I'm on the right track now.

The thermometers around here are on their way up again so I doubt I'll make much progress on houses for the next few days. Instead I hope to get this little Priority Quilt beaded:

It began with a leftover wonky heart from this quilt. The photo doesn't do justice to the batiks I used to bring it up to size. They're very rich and luscious. I want to add a bit of sparkle while tacking the layers together but not detract from the power of the colors.


4 comments:

  1. I love the bird print in the sky over your houses. They make a very nice combination with with blue houses.

    Your preemie quilt is lovely. Good job making that lovely alphabet fabric stretch to fit the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your preemie quilt came out great! And your challenge houses look much better this try.

    I love your Priority Quilt! What a stunner - lucsious batiks. Can't wait to see how it finishes.

    Don't melt this weekend. Yikes, it's hot. Better today, but still too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love this preemie quilt and the red/white/blue one. The alphabet fabric on the back is perfect! Very sweet. Stay cool this week. It's supposed to get really hot down here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure are "sewing up a storm." I love the baby quilt

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.