Friday, August 29, 2008

Fungly Progress Report

I've got all my blocks sewn together into a top! Too bad it's so wet and gloomy around here; I can't get a decent picture for you. (Once projects get too big for my design wall I'm out of well-lit places indoors to take pictures.) However, I have a minor dilemma for which I'd like your input. My top currently measures about 54" x 72". I'm only 63" tall, so I'm tempted to just stop at this point and make a back for it, but I'm wondering whether it would be smarter to put some kind of border(s) on it to make it a bit bigger. Apparently this is going to be "my quilt" as no-one else in my family seems interested in it and I don't think I want to give it away. Any suggestions or ideas?

4 comments:

  1. I need to see a photo, but if I was you I'd ask myself if I thought it needed a border or not. If you are happy with it as it is then leave it.

    Not much help - sorry - but that's how I do things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot will depend on how or where you want to use it. If you want it as a lap quilt, it is probably big enough. It is probably big enough for a picnic quilt too. However, if you want to use it as a bed quilt, you probably need to make it bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's long enough for you to use, I'd say leave it. It's fungly so it doesn't matter how it looks. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Joyce- if you are happy with it as is, leave it and finish it up.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.