Wednesday, March 5, 2008

TIF - March - Done!

I have been working on a project that I'm not ready to show you yet. But when I reached a point where I needed a break I started thinking about the Take It Further challenge for this month:

This month's challenge is to pay attention to the tiny details.

You can read about my initial response to this challenge here. I thought about doing a postcard quilt that would convey an impression of sunlight shining through a glass window/door like this:


Apparently that required too much mental effort on my part. Or it just wasn't interesting enough to me to follow through on it.

I got to thinking about the details in my life.

Too many details can become chaos...

But some details are essential:




Thread, a knot, stitches. Buttons can be a decorative detail. Guess the only thing I left out was the needle!

7 comments:

  1. simply simple :)made me smile but comfused hubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt much the same as you and followed much the same process after reading this month's challenge. My rant was just in my hand-written journal. And I thought very much of just making a page with a single stitch, the basis of it all. I love your interpretation of this, puncutated nicely with the knot and buttonhole. Perfect! Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - this is a fantastic interpretation - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 'take' on the challenge...perfect. Altho I'm not sure anyone but you would have thought of it! Congratulations on being such s shining star Sue!
    Love the crazy blocks and the premmie quilts. I snitched the pictures for the Train blog. Hugs, Finn *VBS*

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat! Perfect detail for a quilter like you. The stark contrast finishes the design off very well.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.