Monday, March 24, 2008

Belated Easter Tidings

It's hard to believe it's been nearly a week since my last post. It's also been longer than usual since I've made the rounds to visit my blog friends. So if any of you have come to check in on me, Happy Easter a little late! And thank you to those who stopped by to wish me a happy Easter :- )

We were expecting DD and the granddaughters here for Saturday night and Sunday morning but plans changed and they arrived earlier. Okay by me! I had some one-on-one time with the littlest one and then we celebrated Miss M's third birthday (even though it's not until later this week).


This little girl's favorite item of clothing is a swimsuit. Any swimsuit. I think she has more in her possession right now than I've had in my whole life! And I was quite a swimmer back in the day!

I have been on something of a buying spree lately. I have not taken pictures of all my purchases but I did want to share these with you just because they are so spring-like and happy:


I'm don't practice the 'paper arts' but I do enjoy brightening up my outgoing mail and the pages of my journals. I've had a package of these sequins before and have used them so often that when I saw these I snatched them off the peg without a second thought. This was one of those rare occasions when I was actually in a store. (I don't spend a lot of time in stores. I can't. There are too many fumes and fragrances. It's not worth the price I have to pay in terms of the effects on my body. I hurry in, grab what I need, and hurry out. I miss browsing.) The rest of my purchases have been made online. Fabric, overstocked calendars at a huge discount (which I bought mostly for the pictures), and a couple of paperback novels to read. It seems like it's been a long time since I've lost myself in a book. I'm looking forward to that. But first I have a quilt to make...

5 comments:

  1. Cute grandkids. I love how kids' faces light up with holiday surprises. Happy Easter (late) to you! I would imagine you save a lot of money by not going to stores much but then there's the internet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I bet you had a great time with those cuties! I miss my grandsons so much- it makes me really sad- anyway- I miss your comments when you are busy but that post was for all my lurkers! I have lots and lots and sometimes I get upset- I think I am wasting my time! anyway- It makes me feel better. Thats what its all about right- me, me, my stuff, me, my projects, ack!!! sorry- anyway- I am having a bad time with the pollen and am unable to clear my throat today- then the benadryl makes me so sleepy! yuck! I feel for you with all the smells- anyway- I am getting m,ore books on tape so that I can read and sew, but I love just curling up with a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to see the little ones. This year is the first Easter I didn't go to my daughter's for many years. I really missed seeing the grandkids who aren't going to be so little for much longer. The oldest is 13 and the youngest is 7.

    They are both cute kids. She might as well enjoy the swim suits now as when she gets older she'll just think every one looks bad on her! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Easter to you too my friend! It looks like your granddaughter and my Tink have something in common -- they both LOVE bathing suits (and I'm assuming swimming as well :0) ). What fun purchases and even better -- time spent with those adorable little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, hope you are finding some sunshine and 'happy' to put in the place of those sweet babies now that they've gone home.
    What a lovely prolonged visit! Lucky you! And with granddaughters no less! I've trying NOT to be jealous, can you tell...LOL

    Looking forward to seeing new stitching when it comes. Big hugs for a happy, healthier spring, Finn

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.