Monday, March 10, 2008

Dear Blogger

There doesn't seem to be a way to tell you that I'm having problems with your program. 'Help' is not helpful. There isn't even a place for me to state that I'm having a problem. Oh yes, I can put words in the 'search' box but I don't seem to know the magic words that will take me to the information I need.

Searching through old posts about someone else's old problems with Blogger is not helpful, especially when there apparently has not been an answer or response to those problems.

I don't want to join another internet group just to get answers (if I'm lucky).

I want to know that you know the problem exists, and I want to know that you're working on it. Or I want a clear direction as to what I might be able to do about the problem myself. Just make a checklist for common issues; I'll swing by and click on the box for the issue I'm having. You can then send me to the page where the answer is posted clearly and without a lot of other garbage on the page. At the same time I'm sure your super computer can make a note that I've checked off that box and ping the appropriate engineer to let them know it needs to be fixed (assuming it's not something I can fix myself or just have to wait out).

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

5 comments:

  1. I must say...that was very tastefully done. Not a scream or a yell, growl or bark to be seen. How can such a nice request be ignored by BLOGGER? Sure hope someone can come to your aid. You are being a real trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a real bummer to have technical problems. I hope you get the help you need soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'll bet you got immediate service! No?
    My BJP widget disappeared inot a little square with a red x in it. I see others still have theirs so it must be my blog. So, I deleted it and re-added it. No luck. I have no idea why it won't work. I put in the same code I did originally when it did work - for a time anyhow. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think lots of people have had this trouble off and on for the last few days. For one day, I couldn't even brging up the stats on my ad!! It's rather a relief, tho' to know it isn't me or my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm losing my patience, too. I've set up a trial wordpress account to see if I like it better.... I like Blogger's "theoretical" features and interface better....but the Wordpress blog doesn't fight with Vista.

    What to do, what to do....

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.