Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bead Journal Project for March

I've been so involved in other projects this month that I've hardly given the journal quilt for March a thought. We're rapidly approaching the half-way point of the month, however, and those other projects are either done or very close to being done. It's time to think about the BJP for March!

One of the things my friend C~ shared with me when she was here recently were some fat quarters of African prints she'd picked up for a quilt she wants to make. I have two stacks of African prints on my shelves, also collected for at least one quilt sometime in the future. Her fabrics got my juices flowing so I pawed through mine to reacquaint myself with them. The ones that caught my eye as I fondled them all featured birds. I pulled them out and thought some more...


They all seem to be variations on a theme: chickens.


Hmm. Easter falls on March 23 this year. Chickens, eggs, Easter... hmm...

Spring arrives officially on the 20th of this month according to the calendar. Well, I'm no spring chicken anymore... By jove, I think I've got it! Now all I have to do is "make it work!"

4 comments:

  1. What wonderful fabrics. I especially like the green one with the rooster heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be interested in seeing what you do with these fabrics. Let us know how your teaching gig went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good page. Can't wait to see how it ends up. Those are some nice fabrics.

    So yes, how did the teaching go? Did you get sick again or make it through?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun fabric...some wild chicken!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.