Friday, August 31, 2007

Necessary Repairs

Oh my gosh! It worked! I have pictures!!!

It occurred to me that Blogger may be having issues because of the brownouts in southern California. They've been suffering a heat wave and demand for power is high. Who needs to blog when people need air conditioning?! "Not I!" said the Sewing Magpie. So I put the final beads on my Tree of Life journal quilt, backed and bound it, and it's DONE. All I have to do now is get a decent picture of it for you.

In the meantime, let me show you another slice of my studio. This is the spot - literally, just a spot - where I do most of my work. My sewing machine is just to the right. The area you see here is where I do my handwork.



And what you see below is some hand work that needed to be done because of the Vicious Reilly Dog. The awful mad kitty is losing it's tail and the poor chipmunk has lost a paw. The kitty was just poorly sewn at the factory. Hopefully the repair I've done will hold. The chipmunk will forever be a gimp now though. Reilly has a thing for polyfil. Once he gets a plush toy open it's only a matter of time before it's been reduced to a mere shell of it's former self. So I figure the chipmunk got off easy.


Another thing I should get a picture of is the sign I have that says

"Creative Minds are Rarely Tidy."

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sue-Z-Q...*VBG* Glad you got a picture to post!! I hadn't heard about the brownouts, but I know from Libby's blog...it's been H.O.T. in CA1
    Love the pic of the work area...it looks so very similar to my dining room table just now, that I had to look twice!! Tell that chipmonk I'm coming to play and it should scooch over and make room for ME *VBS*
    Pop over to Orphan Train if you get a chance...I used the Houses, but am holding the 'blocks' for another post! Hugs, Finn

    P.S. Dakota, my golden,most favorite thing in the world besides food...record setting speed at emptying a new stuffed animal. I just bought his at Goodwill after that!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.