Friday, July 15, 2022

Scrap Happy in July

 The 15th of each month is the day my friends Kate and Gun invite us to show something we've made out of scrap materials. This month I've only increased the inventory in my Parts Department (scrappy blocks waiting to be put to good use). However, it looks like time to start work on a new quilt top out of the Parts Department!

I've made these Bear Paws out of 4.5" squares and HST's that finish at 2". They are 6" (finished) each. Whether or not I choose to set them in the traditional Bear's Paws block remains to be seen. I like to use them as individual paws to create borders.

You can see that a couple of Ships sailed into the Magpie's Nest this month too. Of course there are more 6" Hole in the Barn Door blocks as well. 😁 I counted up the Ships I have in dry dock. There are 110. You'd think that would be enough to do something with!

I've also made some 8" star blocks. Most of them have whole-cloth center patches.

However, I also managed to make up more postage stamp units to go into stars in the future:

So maybe you'll see those next month. 😉 I have to get borders on the Doves quilt and make a back for it before I can get heavily involved in another quilt project. In the meantime, please visit the links below. Not everyone is a quilt maker but they all have scraps they might have used to make something interesting or useful or fun. And thanks to Kate and Gun for hosting this link party every month!

KateGun, Eva, Lynda, Susan Birthe, Turid, Cathy,  

Tracy, Jill,  Jan, Moira, Sandra, Chris, Alys, 

Claire, Jean, Jon, Dawn, Jule, Gwen, 

Bekki, Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue L, Vera, 

Nanette, Ann, Dawn 2, Bear, Viv

Preeti, Edith, Debbierose, Carol


4 comments:

  1. Ships in dry dock, what a wonderful expression!!!! I have so many scraps, down here batik fabrics are so expensive, and I remember that I do have, stashed away, several patterns that should use up a good amount. The 8 inch stars with whole centres are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really like those postage stamp blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is for the ships to set sail in a mighty Armada 😊 You know how much I love your ship blocks!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.