Monday, July 11, 2022

A Little Diversion

 I felt the urge to pick up needle and embroidery thread again the other day. I cut an ATC size piece of batting (3.5"h x 2.5"w) and pawed through my tiny scraps. I chose only three. I used my variegated #12 perle cotton threads to secure them to the batting. Next I found a scrap of lace, then a strip of baby rick-rack. The feather stitching sort of took on a life of it's own. After I added the button with the yellow embroidery floss I decided to add some yellow French knots among the feather stitching. Blanket stitches finish off the perimeter. 😊

Oh, and a silver dove sequin! The feather stitching shows up better in person (of course). I like the subtlety and the texture those stitches created. 

Just a couple of hours of work - pleasure, really. I'm very pleased with the end result. Not so happy at how my hand and wrist hurt afterward however. {sigh}


3 comments:

  1. SORRY about the afterwards pain. But the ATC piece is very cool. Quiltdivajulie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a tiny cutie! I'd hoped something so small wouldn't have bothered your hands, but not such luck, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! It's fun to follow those urges, but not good that your hands hurt after... xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.