Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Bee, Myself and I in August

There hasn't been much activity on my current Bee, Myself and I project. This is something I'm making for my own pleasure, not for someone else's benefit. The Botanical Blur top and Pink Lemonade jelly roll flimsy have been quilted together. I've made binding but haven't put it on the quilt yet.


The binding is made from the same batik I used to extend the jelly roll flimsy for long arm quilting. James kept the quilting simple so as not to compete with the busy prints on the botanical side of the quilt. He was able to use a variegated thread my sister bought for me years ago. It's satisfying to be able to put things to good use that I've had around for a long time.

The question I've been pondering is what to tackle next. There are a couple of Squirrel Projects I haven't shared with you yet but now is not the time. The last time I ventured into my local quilt shop I came away with a couple of new Halloween prints. I've also picked up some online recently. 'Tis the season afterall, or almost anyway. Of course, for some of us it's always the season. 😉

I've had this large panel possibly since last autumn.


These ladies have now joined her:


I'm not up to getting the measurements of these panels for you at the moment. Suffice to say, they could all end up in one quilt top. That's the direction I'm leaning at the moment anyway. If I could just get my brain working again...

We've been blessed with cooler temps and cleaner air the last few days. Unfortunately, while the air quality monitor may say our air quality is good, apparently the air in our backyard is not. I went out this morning to deadhead the roses and bring in a couple of blooms for the studio space. That was enough to knock me off my pins, in spite of the mask I wore with two carbon filters inside. And I felt so good before I went outside! {sigh} One of these days I will be feeling well enough long enough to come around to see what everyone else has been up to. At least I hope so.

5 comments:

  1. And you think the air is fine till you go out. Those colours are so warming. Enjoy the one or two rose blooms. Are they the perfume=less ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those queens will look fabulous with the Queenween panel. The almost-finished-just-binding-to-go quilt looks very bright and appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful bright quilt! You'll have it done in no time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a snazzy panel to play with! I love all the ladies and am looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is magnificent, and I'm so happy it's staying with you. I think it's sounding like Halloween around your place, so I hope you have lots of appropriate fabrics to save you from having to go outside. I'm glad I don't live down south in Melbourne right now; they had a huge toxic factory fire that took 3 days to get under control and massive amounts of air pollution; I can only shudder to think what that would have done to you. Take care, and I hope the air is sparkling clean soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.