Monday, August 13, 2018

Two From Australia

The last of the Footsquare Freestyle blocks that have been made for me have arrived! As it happens, both sets hail from southern Australia.

These are from Robin. She got a little excited and made four blocks instead of just three!


Nanette made these:

I was delighted to see the House block. I almost made one for myself. Now I have a hedgehog and a vase of flowers, a tall ship and a house among all the other blocks. I have one more block to make for myself (although since Robin made four I guess I don't really have to!). I haven't a clue yet as to how I might set these. They could all go into one quilt or I might be able to get two smaller quilts out of them. And, of course, if I make one or more blocks on my own I'll have that much more to work with!

In the meantime, Claire has asked for blocks in turquoise, gray, and white with black prints.

Turquoise is a little tricky since it's a blend of green and blue. It could look more green or more blue depending on what's next to it. I've already made (and just mailed today) three blocks for Claire. I hope they fit in with her idea of turquoise. You'll have to wait to see what they are though!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely - your colour scheme is going to make a beautiful quilt. I've posted Claire's off and next will be Nanette which is a fairly similar palette to yours so lucky I have lots of blues to play with, although it will be a challenge avoiding white and cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful blue and white blocks. No matter what you make with them, it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got such a lovely set, and some really unusual fun blocks. I keep calling it the Delft Quilt in my head because the assembled blocks in the gallery remind me of Dutch tiles. I agree with you that turquoise can be a tricky colour, but the good thing is that even varying shades can work well together, so I think her collection of blocks will make a beautiful quilt in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue and white are my favorite combinations of colors! I can't wait to see this all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some more beautiful blocks, Sue, I look forward to seeing what you do with these!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.