Sunday, August 19, 2018

Stitching Along in August

It's been three weeks since our last stitch along check in. I don't have much progress to show. The air quality around here has taken its' toll on my system, leaving me in a zombie-like state much of the time. We've been fortunate that the last couple of days brought marine air coming from the coast. I can't imagine (don't want to) what it would be like to be living even closer to any of the wildfires burning to the north, east, and south of us. 

I've added some more "geese" to the small needlepoint case I showed last time. I only had one column done then, now there are three:


Each goose is stitched with a different shade from Nancy's dye pot. It will be interesting to see whether I have to repeat any of the colors before I get to the sides. I might choose to in any case.

I probably won't get around to see what everyone else is working on but you won't be disappointed if you do, I assure you. 😊 And maybe when we check in again on 9 September I'll have had more good days than bad.
  
Avis, Claire, Gun, Carole, LucyAnn, Kate, JessConstanze, Debbierose, Christina, Kathy, Margaret, Cindy, Helen, Steph, Linda, Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Hayley, Tony, Megan, Catherine, Deborah, Connie                                       



 

12 comments:

  1. Looks great. Love the colors.
    Take care of yourself. The wildfires have been awful this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dow here, pine and wattle pollen is flying through the air, huge clouds of pale lemon, and it settles on window sills, tables and vehicles. And you are not in spring when it is so abundant. Maybe the smoke will drift the other way. Those geese, in the colours are so beautiful. You have a wonderful selection of those threads. I cannot do tiny hand stitching now, and admire all that can,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I can only imagine how difficult the fires make breathing up there. We are even getting the smoke in SD! I,love the way you are doing these flying geese, I hadn't ever thought of interlocking them, very clever and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your arrangement of dark and light colors if very effective! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s looking great! The colours are looking fabulous together. Will be interesting to see what you decide to do with the colours as you get to the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've been busy patchworking too! Can't find time to do everything lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And despite all the weather and health problems, you still manage to produce something pretty and interesting for the SAL. Take very good care of yourself, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue - beautiful progress! Our poor air quality made me think of you the other day -- I hope you are getting through it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors and am looking forward to seeing which ones are next.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your geese pattern looks great. It's a wonderful showcase for Nancy's threads.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.