Sunday, September 9, 2018

SAL in September

Let's see if I remember how to do this...

I'm still using the auxiliary keyboard for my laptop, which makes things a bit more challenging. That has contributed to my radio silence of late but is not solely responsible. In spite of the cooler weather (for the most part) I've still had another whole week of zombie-ness. Zombieism? I'd like to say that better days are ahead of me but we all know by now that I can never actually say that with any degree of confidence. {sigh}

However, I am delighted to report that I've done some stitching. I've probably filled in another goose or two on the needlepoint case since our last check-in but more significantly...


I picked up the block-of-the-month embroideries where I left off and have completed the next in the series!


Given the theme for this block I chose to use more pastel tones of floss. When I'd finished with the butterfly I decided the tulip was too pale. I went back in and whipped the pale back stitches with a stronger pink.


My husband claims he's never seen a candy cane tulip but I've seen some that put me in mind of peppermint candies so it stays as is. 😉 I have the next block traced off and ready to stitch, and then there's another block after that to trace off. I've lost complete track of how many more there are in the series.

This has become a great group of folks who enjoy needlework of various types. We check in with each other every three weeks, and that helps each of us to stay on track with our individual projects. I haven't been up to visiting anyone for the last couple of check-ins. I hope to remedy that this time around.



10 comments:

  1. I do hope the wind and skies cooperate to give you clean air so you start feeling better and less zombiesque soon! I love what you are doing with those flying geese, and the subtlety of your tulip block is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your husband that striped or 'broken colour' tulips are a thing, and have been since the 17th century when they were highly prized by Dutch merchants :-) I'm glad you've been well enough to get some stitching done, and wish you better health ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love strong geometric patterns. Your pouch is lovely! I hope you're feeling much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gentle is lovely, and I have seen red and white tulips down here, just not candy striped, but as some say " Anything goes" and those floss colours are beautiful. I wonder by the finish of all the blocks, how many shades you have used all-together?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your block is so pretty. The candy cane tulip is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like gentle! As usual, you're making steady progress, which is wonderful! The flying geese are coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely stitching. Are those embroidery blocks going to be finished in a quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never seen a candy cane tulip???? Well, now there us one and it´s really lovely!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are feeling better. I really love your block of the month embroidery. It’s very peaceful and gentle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the details on your stitchery piece.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.