I used a font from the menu in my computer and then did my best to replicate the ribbing effect the stitch pattern would produce in knitting for the border. I didn't think those corners would turn out as well as they did. At the time I couldn't keep the math straight in my head (or on paper!) to clearly see how it was going to look in the end. I'm pleased with the results, and so is my sister!
The other needlework I've been focused on are the caravans I've been embroidering to fill my version of The Sketchbook Project. This trailer hasn't been touched since our last check in.
I finally decided to just start work on another caravan, one that has been in my head for some time.
It's a cute little trailer. I actually had a couple of ways I could have directed this one. In the end it turned into a 1960's flower power caravan instead of a mobile surfer's shack. ;-)
I put a beaded curtain on the inside of the door and a lava lamp on the table under the window.
It only took me two days, start to finish, to complete this one. Hopefully I will now be able to go back and finish the other trailer. If not, I guess I'll just start another one!
There's a big bunch of us now in this stitch along group. Not everyone has progress to post every three weeks but having others to hold us accountable helps to keep us on track. We're also all over the map, from Europe to Australia. I haven't been very good about getting all the way around to see everyone's work but I assure you it's worth the effort. There's some wonderful and impressive work being done by...
Kathy, Margaret, Cindy, Helen, Steph, Linda, Catherine, Mary Margaret, Timothy, Heidi, Connie, and Jackie