Monday, June 20, 2011

Messy Desk Monday

Changes are taking place here in the Magpie's Nest. I finally have the opportunity to set up a more permanent work station for hand work. Yippee! It's not going to happen all at once, no little organizational fairies are coming over to make the job go more quickly (darn it!) but it's going to happen. Pretty much all that means is that I'll be exchanging one mess for another here on the desk, one corner of which you can see below.


Did you notice the really tall fellow sticking up out of my bookmark cup? He just came to live with me this weekend. He was created by one of my sons.

This son has been making replica wands from the Harry Potter movies, turning them on our little wood lathe. This happens to be an original design created just for me. *VeryBigGrin*

He used wood burning to create the patterning just below the head and then various paints or stains for the rest of the coloration.


The skull was sculpted free hand out of polymer clay. I think he did a darn good job! Now I just have to learn how to use the thing... hehehe. ;- )

2 comments:

  1. Your son is very talented. I wonder where you can get wand lessons????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messy Desk Monday...I love it. You should make that a regular feature! And the wand...oh my goodness me, for goodness sakes...that's absolutely fantasmigorical fabulous! What talent you have spawned ;) Use it, use it...stamp out evil do'ers!!!!! I might have a book with wand incantations, who knows. After all, I was given a plaque that says 'if the broom fits, ride it. .....booohoooohooowaaaaaaa!.....

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.