Next I looked for ways to make a row out of the fussy cut panels. A lot of my Halloween prints are larger scale or are made up of scenes. It didn't take too long to find a couple that would also work as fussy cut panels, with narrow compensating strips in between to get the width I wanted.
So at the end of Day 1 I had this on my design wall:
The Tea Leaf was one of the orphan blocks and will finish at 12." The Churn Dash was 10.5" so I just added a couple of strips to bring it up to 12," and I made the Double X block specifically to balance out the Tea Leaf. Day 2 was a little more labor intensive ~ stay tuned!