Between applying the binding to the Halloween quilt and hand sewing it down I pulled fabrics for a second Gizzy Quilt to donate to the upcoming fundraising auction for our local humane society. Once again I focused on some of my older prints that need to be moved out of here. This top is cohesive and balanced, but I find it singularly uninspiring. I think that may have to do with the colors as well as the prints themselves.
I prefer bright, pure hues and wild prints. These are darker colors, and the prints are very traditional, conservative. People in this part of the country wear darker colors - all year round - so I'm hoping the quilt will appeal to most of the audience even if it isn't something that rocks my boat. What I'd really like to make next is something wild and colorful. I just haven't figured out what that's going to be. I still have to get this little job quilted and bound, and the Sumptuous Surfaces class with Sharon Boggon begins on Tuesday. I expect that will absorb a lot of my time and energy for a while. It's not going to be very colorful either, at least not in the beginning. She has us working in a monochromatic color scheme for our first project. I may have to make some more liberated stars, in newer prints and brighter colors, whether I have a quilt in mind for them or not!