About the only stitching I've done in that time was to finish up my journal quilt...
You saw it most recently just after I'd swapped out the heart charm for the pirate head bead. I had thought I would use more skull beads, perhaps in a fringe, but once I got all the lime green seed beads on I decided it was done. I also had ideas for some three dimensional effects with the seed beads. That didn't happen either. Sometimes, apparently, less is more.
Part of what helped me to finish this in a more understated way were my husband's comments. I don't often seek out the opinions of others as I'm working on a piece but I was so stuck on this one that I broke that pattern. He was the one that finally gave me a title for this piece that sounded true to me: "Gatekeepers."
Now all I have to do is get caught up on my journal quilts for February, March, and April!