Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The End of Winter? Finally?

The hail we had on Saturday was almost gone when we went to bed that night. But look what we woke up to the next morning!


We had 2-3" of snow on the ground. Eventually it turned into a pretty day, if chilly. At least the sun came out. And we've had more sun than clouds since then, with no precipitation at all. It might actually feel like spring again in another day or two!

I've been busy stitching away on that new swap quilt to replace the one my husband wouldn't let me give away. I don't want to show it yet; I want it to be a surprise. I am pleased to report that I put the final touches on it today so it can go to its' new home as soon as I get a mailing address. Whew! Now I can turn my attention to those monthly challenges I've been neglecting. But first I'm going to spend some time in this:

It came a couple of days ago and has been airing out. I just love that lady pirate on the cover! I'm continually amazed at the wondrous creations the doll artists produce. When we lived near Houston I got to see the "In Celebration of the Doll" exhibits at the big IQA quilt show. If the quilts weren't enough to take your breath away, the dolls certainly were!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.