Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another 2" Square :- )

DS #1 is arriving from Arizona later today for a short visit so this will be a quick post about a quick project... another 2" square for Monica's Pink Artist art doll project (click on the badge in my sidebar).



I finally started feeling like myself again late yesterday afternoon. When I finished the first 2" square I immediately made another top but hadn't been inspired yet as to how to embellish it. So I set it aside and got my scrap bag back out and made another top. Then I pulled out a sun bead I'd bought along with my green beads at my LBS and liked the look of it on the green ground. That led to flower sequins... and eventually I came up with the little dog button to finish it off. What a fun way to spend a couple of hours!

I also pulled out a couple different fabrics to have another go at a base for my January journal quilt for the Bead Journal Project. We'll see how soon I get to that, what with the son's visit and all. But the sun is shining ~ for a change ~ so it could happen. It's amazing how much more energy I have when the sun is shining!

4 comments:

  1. Wheee! It's so happy and it totally looks like you! Way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better and woo hooo! a visit with your son! Have a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little square is so cute. Monica will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, Your squares arrived, thank you once again for contributing to our art doll. I love the bright colors and earthy feel... very beautiful! Just one quick comment tho... there was a small hole in the envelope when item arrived and it seems the lil sun popped off and escaped during his travels. What would you like me to do? Would you mind if I tried to find something similar in my stash to put in there? Or? Please let me know your wishes. I love the fun stitched border!!! Too cool! xo, Monica

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.