Wednesday, October 17, 2007

7 True Things

I've been tagged by Melzie to do the 7 True Things meme. This should be an interesting exercise! (At least for me. I hope you'll find it interesting too!)

The rules are:

1. Link the person who has tagged you.
2. Tell seven true things about yourself.
3. Tag seven new people.
4. Leave a message with the person you have tagged so they know about it.

Here we go...

1. As we get closer to Halloween you will see how much I enjoy the macabre. I have cute witches but I also have a ceramic pile of skulls that are decidedly not cute. (I was going to put in a photo here but Blogger is having problems so we'll try again later.)

2. When I was in high school I ran hurdles in track and field. I placed second in our regional race, up against a girl whose legs were almost longer than I am tall! (I'm only 5'3".)

3. My two favorite shows on TV at the moment are "Ace of Cakes" and "Dancing With the Stars." (I could give you a lengthy list of television shows I enjoy!)

4. I was widowed at age 27 when my first husband died of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

5. I journal for half an hour every morning.

6. I used to enjoy baking but have never enjoyed cooking. (Since I can't eat baked goods anymore I don't make them.)

7. I have always found it fascinating that I was born under Gemini (the twins) and have felt like two completely different people coexist in this body.

And now for the really hard part: tagging seven other bloggers! How about...

1. Clare at Dordogne Quilter

2. Erin at Go Doodles N Quilt

3. Yankee Quilter at Scraps and Threadtales

4. Holly at And Sew It Is

5. Lin at Purple Fan

6. Sammy at Sammy Stuff

7. Corry at Dutch Blue

And now for that picture I promised you. This is one of the things I've been playing with lately. It may or may not become an official journal quilt but it is that size (8.5" x 11").



This goes back to my love of the macabre. I've had the skeleton print in my stash for at least a year, well before the movie "Ghost Rider" came out. We enjoyed the movie enough to buy it on dvd when it became available. After watching it again recently I was going through my two stacks of Halloween prints and found this print and immediately thought of the movie. I see it as the ghost rider passing by a graffiti-painted wall in an alley. Not quite sure how I'm going to embellish this one but it's tempting to highlight the flames under the bike with beads... After that I don't have a clue!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading the 7 true things about you and getting a deeper, transparent peek into your life.

    That skeleton motorcyclist is the best!

    Thanks for tagging me. I'll give some thought to my 7 things and post in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one! That skeleton on the bike is fantastic! And beads around the flames? Definitely!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.