While the backing fabric was in the washing machine I took the two ties apart for laundering. When I get new-to-me ties home I remove any exterior labels, take out the interfacing and then throw them in the washing machine, in a lingerie bag, in cold water for a short cycle. I either let them air dry or iron them dry, and once they are dry I cut off the facing material at each end and any other tags that may have been sewn into the seams when the facings were put on. Sometimes I separate the individual pieces that were sewn together to create the length of the tie as well. Then they go into my color-coded bins for future use.
Today I had to take off my glasses and put my nose practically on one of the ties in order to see the stitches that had to be removed so I could get the interfacing out of the tie. That was a mistake. I now have a killer headache and can barely communicate verbally. Y'all are lucky I've been able to be this coherent! I have set myself a goal to post an entry every other day or so (with the exception of weekends) so I wanted to at least check in today.
The picture is one I took probably a month ago of the rose buds outside my studio window. (The picture was actually taken through the window because that was the best composition.) Those buds have since bloomed and gone, the bush is taller, and there are new buds and flowers. I love summer!